Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 2009 Update

Things are almost back to normal. Gee, it's great to be home! The furniture arrived (all except 2 chairs that we still have to pick up) right after New Year's Day. What an awful experience dealing with this furniture. They are the rudest, most obnoxious people I have ever met. They are not from this country, and continue to do business the way they were brought up. They have no understanding of how our country was built on the fundamentals of honesty and trust. I would slander their name all over the Internet, but I've decided instead just to report them to the Better Business Bureau because they gave me an idea for a new book I have begun writing. It will be titles "What ever happened to 'The customer is always right?': A guide to customer service." It's getting so hard to shop for products or services lately. I think the book will be a best seller!

We got the spa set up. We ran out of insurance money and had to take out a loan. Ouch! I hate making payments, but we sure love sitting in the spa at night and looking up at the stars. The night sky is amazing where we live 40 miles out of the city as you begin to climb the mountains. We also enjoy just sitting on our patio swing at night.

I finally made arrangements to have my carpal tunnel damage repaired with surgery. I'll have that done on March 13. I don't have a lot of things going on that would require extensive use of my right hand, so this is a good time to have the work done. I want to be well by Spring so I can play for some outdoor concerts.

In addition to my full-time job teaching computer and business applications and skills, I have been teaching two guitar classes at night. The new semester, which began last week, was so successful that we're going to open up a third class to accommodate all the new students. I enjoy teaching guitar, but three nights a week is too much for me, so I'm going to give two of the classes to another teacher.

Keep in touch, and please feel welcome to post some comments so that I will know that there are people out there reading these ramblings!

No comments: