Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Summer of Love, New Studio, 2 Requests

Just a few things to report. First of all, since I was talking about the 40th anniversary of the "Summer of Love" in a previous post, I though some of you might be interested in knowing that there will be a free concert in San Francisco Golden Gate Park’s Speedway Meadows between 10 AM and 6 PM. Confirmed acts as of July 9 include: Country Joe McDonald, Taj Mahal, Lester Chambers (from Chambers Brothers), Canned Heat, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Jesse Colin Young (from the Youngbloods), Jerry Miller Band (from Moby Grape) featuring Tyran Porter and Dale Okerman (from the Doobie Brothers) and Fuzzy John Oxendine (from the Sons of Champlin) , Banana (from the Youngbloods), Michael McClure and Ray Manzarek (from the Doors), San Francisco’s First Family of Rock (TBA), Brian Auger, Nick Gravenites Band with David Laflamme, Dickie Peterson of Blue Cheer, Chris and Lorin of the Rowan Brothers, The Alameda All Stars (from Gregg Allman band), Brad Jenkins, Terry Haggerty (from the Sons of Champlin), Tony Lindsay (Santana), Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks, George Michalski - Pete Sears Dueling Keys, Freddie Roulette , Ron Thompson , The Charlatans, Leigh Stephens (Blue Cheer), Greg Douglas (from Steve Miller), Pete Sears (Jefferson Starship), Essra Mohawk (from Mothers of Invention), Barry “The Fish” Melton, All Night Flight featuring David Denny and Steve McCarty (from Steve Miller), Jack King (from Cold Blood) and Dale Ockerman (from Doobie Brothers ), Merl Saunders (supporting the event), Squid B. Vicious with Buddy Miles, Jim Post (Friend and Lover, Siegel Schwall Blues Band), Fayette Hauser and the Cocketts, Terrance Hallinan (former SF DA) Ruth Weiss (Beat Poet), Richard Eastman (marijuana initiative), Lenore Kandel (Beat Poet), Paul “Lobster” Wells, Dr Hip (Eugene Schoenfeld), Artie Kornfeild (Producer of Woodstock), Wavy Gravy, Mouse man (Bagpipes), Leigh Davidson (Height Ashbery Medical Clinic), Bruce Latimer (Bruce Latimer show), Rabbi Joseph Langer, Bruce Barthol (Mime Troup), Doug Green, Howard Hesseman (schedule permitting), Benjamin Hernandez (Harts hands and Elders), American Indigenous people’s, Agnes Pilgrim and 13 Grandmas (schedule permitting), Lakota War Pony’s, Merle Tendoy (6 th generation of Sacagawea ) Shonie, Harry Riverbottom (Chippewa), Chief Sunne Reyna, Iroquois Tribe, Dakota Tribe, Seminole Tribe, Emit Powell and the Gospel Elites. A web cast of San Francisco's Golden Gate Park 40th Anniversary Concert will be streamed throughout the day on the Apple QuickTime website.

I already made my hotel reservation. If you are interested, act quickly because rooms in the area are almost completely booked already.

Also, I got my new digital recording studio up and running, but now I realize that I have a lot to learn in order to maximize it's potential. I ordered two books and a video, and will soon begin the learning phase. After that, I plan to take my time and come up with an album that everyone should like. It will be musically superior to my previous work and the arrangements will be more artistic. I really think that the new CD will take me to the next level. I'm also available to record other bands, if you know of any. Or I can do demo tapes for songwriters.

I just wanted to let you know that these blog and/or mailing list communications are for amusement and informal communication only, and are not to be taken too seriously. I recently had an incident with someone on my mailing list that too something I said the wrong way and then used the information against me causing a big mess that I haven't been able to resolve yet. So have fun reading my ramblings, enjoy, but check with me before you quote me on anything!

One more thing - The last time I checked, there was only one response to the blog postings. What good is a blog if it's only one sided? So come on everybody - post your comments, and then let's comment on each others comments until we have a real community thing going here!

No comments: